Friday 7 November 2014

Just add Corn Starch to Simply Clay from Stampin'UP

    Do you have love the idea of making your own buttons using the Simply Clay from Stampin'UP.  The following is a great tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol7M8AX0nS4

Now I live in a humid environment.  As a result, the clay sticks to the "button mold" and it is nearly impossible to achieve a nice button using the clay as it is.  All the information I found suggested working with the mold to improve the problem.    What I found might work for you (even though it did not work for me):
(1)  "spraying" the clay mold with oil, or 
(2) dusting it with the embossing button or glitter (which impacts your button look), or 
(3) to put the mold and clay in the freezer (which takes too much time for my liking).  

If you live in a humid environment try adding "CORN STARCH" to the clay until the clay no longer feels "sticky".  I just rolled the clay in the cornstarch and worked the corn starch into the clay.  You have to play around with the amount of corn starch until you determine what the clay should feel like for it to work.  After you add the corn starch to the clay you can add ink to colour.  Works great for me and does not change the look of the clay.  

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment