Monday 3 November 2014

Box of Memories -- December Daily Project

I finally finished my December Daily project.  The project list is included below.

For this project you will need:
(1) 2 sheets of card stock for the box.  I used "Soft Suede" from Stampin'Up.
(2) The Nordic Noel paper pack from Stampin'Up to decorate the box and inserts
(3) 5 sheets of card stock for the inserts.
(4) The Hello December Project Life Card Collection from Stampin'Up.
(5) The Buttons and Blossoms Simply Pressed Clay mold and clay from Stampin'Up.
(6) The Four Feathers Stamp Set and Feathers Framelits Die from Stampin'Up.

The box was create from one full 12"x12" piece of paper.  See below for a template.  I scored at 4.25" and 7.75" and rotated the paper and scored at 4.25" and 7.75".  This gives a box 3.5"x3.5"x4.25" (bxwxh).  Then cut along four of the scored lines as shown below.  Fold up the paper and tape.  I then cut a row of houses from the Nordic Noel paper pack and taped it around the box.  The perimeter of the box is greater than 12", therefore I cut a banner from another piece of Nordic Noel paper and taped the top of the banner.  I decorated the banner by cutting houses from the Nordic Noel paper.
The top of the box was made using a 6"x6" piece of paper.  I scored at 1.125" and 4.75".  Rotated the paper and scored at 1.125" and 4.75".  I trimmed the edges so the base of the top is 3.625"  and the sides were 1.125".  Once I assembled the top I wrapped ribbon around it and tied a bow.  I taped a 3.5"x3.5" piece of paper on the inside of the top to strengthen the top.
 This is what is inside the box when the top is pulled off.  I have 24 inserts that will hold tags with activities for each day.
 The insert is made from a 3"x9" piece of paper scored at 4.5" and 7.5".  Once folder I punch holes and tied twine the hold the insert together.  I embossed the numbers on each insert and decorated using feathers embossed with gold embossing powder.  I also embossed each flower (made with Stampin'Up clay) with red embossing powder from my stash.
 These tags were punched out of "Soft Suede" card stock using a tag punch from my stash.  Any tag punch smaller than 3" wide would work.  I added white card stock folder in help and taped it to the tag.  I wrote our daily activity on the white card stock.

I have also included 24 of the project life cards in the box.  This way I can write down what we did, any cute comments people made and so on.  I will take a picture each day.  In January I will print off 24 pictures and have all the memories written down.   We do this each year.
 Cutting template box
Cutting template top

No comments:

Post a Comment