Monday 9 March 2015

Campbell River Scrap and Chat Challenge for March 9

Here is my take on this weeks scrapbook challenge.  I definitely do not love it yet…but I think it will look a lot better once the photo's and journalling are added.

I definitely love my epoxy stickers that just arrived today.  I have been busy making lots of fun new badges to use on all my pages.  Way more economical than buying badges and flair buttons…plus you can customize them to fit your pages.

Third try was the winner for me.  I decided the left side of the layout was too distracting… and the more i added the worse it got because all the pattern paper on the side really is the embellishment and therefore this becomes a case where less is more.  Then I went back to basics and noticed that I picked papers I loved, but I mixed white with cream based papers.  Big mistake as I seldom like the combo.  I also limited my colour scheme.  Now I think the eye will focus on the photos and I can use one of the squares for my journalling…



My second stab at it is below.  I thought perhaps removing two of the embellishment areas would help with the design.  Then I grouped everything together…ahhhh….

This was my first stab at it.  I think it is better than my second stab.

No comments:

Post a Comment